Best Real Estate Agents in Gilbert - Cathy Carter
Exploring homes for sale in Gilbert? Before you begin searching through Gilbert MLS listings, you’ll first want to find a qualified agent to help you with your home purchase. There are so many moving parts to real estate and finding a great house is just one piece of the puzzle. An experienced local REALTOR® can help you navigate the market and uncover the perfect home for your family in the right neighborhood, while also making sure you get the most value for your money and the best deal possible. Who you choose to work with matters, and Cathy Carter is one of the best real estate agents in Gilbert you will find. With over 25 years of local experience, Cathy knows Gilbert and the surrounding East Valley inside and out. She can help educate you on the most desirable neighborhoods and communities, the types of homes and features offered, the top builders in the area, school districts, surrounding area amenities & attractions, local community developments, and so much more. Streamline your home search by having Cathy put together a list of homes for sale in Gilbert that are the best fit for your lifestyle and needs. Buyers who choose to live in Gilbert get a lot of value for their money. Boasting over 320 days of warm, sunny weather annually, a vibrant heritage district, great shopping (SanTan Village), and dining options (Joe’s Real BBQ, Joes’ Farm Grill, and Liberty Market, just to name a few), an excellent school system (Gilbert Public Schools), plenty of outdoor recreation opportunities (hiking, biking, & horseback riding), and some of the best golf clubs in the valley, Gilbert has a lot to offer. Get started on finding your dream home today by calling Cathy directly at (480) 459-8488 or get in touch by email.
On our easy-to-use website, you’ll be able to search the most recent Gilbert MLS listings. You can view photos of available properties, find detailed real estate information, create a free account, save your search, and receive notifications of new listings that match your specific home criteria delivered directly to your email. Scroll down below to learn more about real estate in Gilbert and the benefits of living in this vibrant and welcoming community in Southeast Valley:
Browse Most Recent Gilbert MLS Listings By Price
Explore All Homes for Sale in Gilbert
For more information about homes for sale in Gilbert or to schedule a private showing, please contact Cathy Carter, one of the best real estate agents in Gilbert. As a dedicated, full-time REALTORⓇ, Cathy stays on top of the market and is always the first to know about new Gilbert MLS listings, ensuring that her buyers have access to the most valuable homes and securing an offer. The Gilbert housing market is booming. In September 2021, home prices in Gilbert were up 24.1% compared to last year, selling for a median price of $495K. On average, homes in Gilbert sell after 25 days on the market compared to 27 days last year. There were 518 homes sold in September this year, down from 561 last year.
Cathy would be happy to meet with you to discuss the type of home you have in mind and answer any questions you might have regarding property details, pricing, financing options, and more. Get started on your home search today by contacting Cathy directly at (480) 459-8488 or by email.
Why You Should Consider Living in Gilbert, Arizona
The town of Gilbert is located in the Phoenix metro area’s Southeast Valley in Maricopa County, Arizona. Gilbert is the sixth-largest municipality in Arizona and the fifth-largest in the Phoenix metro area. Thriving in business and leisure activities, Gilbert was once known as the "Hay Shipping Capital of the World." The population of Gilbert is 262,514, as of 2021. A youthful and vibrant community, the median age of Gilbert's residents is 33.9 years, with 67.6 percent of people living here under the age of 45. The median household income in Gilbert is $98,963.
Access to an educated workforce, a pipeline of emerging technologies from statewide universities, ease of market access, and high quality of life attract major companies to Gilbert and the surrounding area. Specialists in accounting, financial analysis, law, design, marketing, insurance, architecture, engineering, venture capital, investment banking, real estate, and data centers, among others, will find a growing client base in Gilbert and its surrounding communities. These firms will be able to service clients globally with access to a workforce of a million individuals, and 67 percent of the area’s advanced business specialists, within a 30-minute commute.
Gilbert’s enterprise-friendly environment has underwritten success for businesses ranging from small home-based operations to mid-sized and large companies. The town's proximity to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport and Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport and easy freeway access provide convenience in regional and international travel. Top employers in Gilbert include GoDaddy.com, B H Drywall, Banner Health, Isagenix International, Northrop Grumman, Silent-Aire, Morgan Stanely, Merrill Lynch, Deloitte, Walmart, and other great companies.
Downtown Gilbert, known by the locals as the Heritage District, is the historic and cultural center of town. You'll discover an eclectic retail experience, exciting nightlife venues, and a diverse mix of over 30 restaurants and eateries. Downtown Gilbert has earned the distinction of being one of the top foodie neighborhoods in metro Phoenix and a unique culinary destination. The Heritage District is home to the Hale Centre Theatre with Broadway shows and active weekend markets like the popular Gilbert Farmers Market. Gilbert’s 135-mile trail system connects the Heritage District to parks and attractions throughout town.
Heritage District Eateries
- Sotol Modern Cocktail Kitchen
- The Porch
- Da Bayou Creole Kitchen
- Kaleidoscope Juice
- Sal’s Gilbert Pizza
- Lo-Lo’s Chicken & Waffles
- Barrio Queen
- Farmhouse Restaurant
- Joe’s Real BBQ
- Joyride Taco House
- Liberty Market
- Dierks Bentley’s Whiskey Row
- Sushi Brokers
- O.H.S.O. Brewery + Distillery
- Petersen’s Ice Cream & Cafe
- Bergies Coffee Roast House
- Clever Koi
- SoCal Fish Taco Company
- Snooze A.M. Eatery
- Pomo Pizzeria Napoletana
- Postino East
- Romeo’s Euro Café
- Hundred North Bar & Kitchen
- Copper 48
- Oregano’s Pizza Bistro
- Culinary Dropout
Downtown Shopping, Art & Culture
For those who like to shop, the Heritage District offers an eclectic retail experience with specialty stores from furniture, locally crafted art, antiques, seasonal gifts, and one-of-a-kind, chic boutiques. You can even get a tattoo and purchase retro candy while you are at it. When it comes to art and culture, Downtown Gilbert is home to an established theater, historical museum, and gallery. Not to mention muraled brick walls, glowing benches, a solo gopher, waterways art, and a color-changing water tower. Located right in the middle of Downtown Gilbert is the 365-seat Hale Centre Theatre, one of five theaters in the West founded in 1947 by aspiring actors Ruth and Nathan Hale. Hale Center features a year-round season of family-friendly entertainment.
Heritage District Events
Downtown Gilbert’s event calendar is always full. At weekend markets, you can buy locally-grown produce from Arizona farmers and support the talents of painters, photographers, and jewelry makers. Or, listen to local bands perform on the Water Tower Plaza on a Thursday night. You can also celebrate Gilbert’s agricultural roots at the annual Gilbert Days parade or run alongside it as you finish a 10K. Gilbert’s Downtown Concert Series provides fun for all ages - held March through May and again in October and November each year. Live music performances are held at the outdoor WaterTower Plaza in the heart of the Heritage District. Bring your own picnic basket or eat at one of the many nearby restaurants then enjoy local bands performing a variety of music genres. In the Fall is the Gilbert Off The Street Art and Music Festival in Downtown Gilbert. Enjoy live bands on two different stages during a weekend filled with street performers, chalk artist demonstrations, craft vendors, food trucks, and more.
When it comes to nightlife, Downtown Gilbert is the place to be. Dierks Bentley’s Whiskey Row (voted “Best Country Bar” 5 years in a row by Best of Our Valley) is an indoor/outdoor restaurant in the Heritage District with a huge central bar where you can grab a burger and have a craft beer while rocking out to country music (featuring a DJ nightly with live bands every Saturday). Locally owned Cuisine & Wine Bistro offers live performances along with a French-inspired seasonal menu and an impressive selection of boutique wines and craft beer. Enjoy pop, jazz, and more every Friday and Saturday night at the Bistro.
JC’s Steakhouse provides live classic rock and a little country on Friday and Saturday nights. If you’re interested in being in an atmosphere of like-minded beer lovers, be sure to visit The Brass Tap, an upscale design with a relaxed neighborhood bar feel. O.H.S.O. Brewery is perfect for sports lovers and a great place to enjoy a late-night meal and a drink from their great selection. At O.H.S.O., you’re sure to be able to relax while cheering on your favorite team with your friends.
Gilbert Shopping & Dining
Gilbert's SanTan Village is an outdoor lifestyle center featuring major retailers like Best Buy, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Dillard’s, and Macy’s along with specialty stores like Apple, Barnes & Noble, Charming Charlies, Coach, Sephora, and many others. Located in nearby Chandler is the Chandler Fashion Center, the 2nd largest mall in Arizona. The premier regional mall is anchored by Dillard's and Macy's and includes 185 premium retailers such as Michael Kors, Apple, Coach, H & M, Banana Republic, just to name a few. There's also an outdoor entertainment pavilion with several restaurants, a 20-screen movie theater, and an outdoor lawn-event space.
Joe's Real BBQ in Gilbert
Known for its impressive restaurant scene, Gilbert has consistently been named among the best “foodie” towns in the Phoenix area. From fast-food joints to fine dining establishments, popular restaurants and eateries in Gilbert include American Way Market, The Keg Steakhouse + Bar, High Tide Seafood Bar & Grill, Postino's's Wine Cafe, Joe's Real BBQ, Brio Tuscan Grille, Arizona Wilderness Brewing Co., Joyride Taco House, Sal's Gilbert Pizza, Barrio Queen, The Farmhouse Restaurant, Nicantoni’s Pizza, Nico Heirloom Kitchen, Zinburger, and Romeo's Euro Cafe, just to name a few.
Schools & Education
Most of Gilbert is served by the highly-rated Gilbert Unified School District #41 (GUSD), also known as Gilbert Public Schools (GPS). A smaller portion of Gilbert is served by the nationally recognized Higley Unified School District and Chandler Unified School District (CUSD), named Arizona A+ Schools of Excellence. As of 2020, thirteen GPS schools have earned the "A+ School of Excellence™ Award" from the Arizona Educational Foundation. A district of choice, GPS serves over 35,000 students at 40 schools across Gilbert, Chandler, and Mesa. Gilbert Public Schools has twenty-six elementary schools (Pre K-6); six middle schools (7-8), five high schools (9-12), two academies, one global academy, and one alternative education. Each of the 40 schools in Gilbert Public Schools delivers academic excellence through a comprehensive well-rounded curriculum that includes technology, art, music, leadership, physical education, and a wide range of athletics and extracurricular programs.
The district offers open enrollment opportunities for students who wish to attend a school within the Gilbert Public School District even if they don't live within that school's boundaries. School Choice Arizona provides alternatives to parents who don't choose to send their children to the local public schools to which they are assigned. Public school choice options include open enrollment policies, magnet schools, and charter schools. The school district also offers Traditional Programs for K-6 (classrooms and curriculum) at Neely Traditional Academy, Spectrum Elementary, and Canyon Rim Elementary. In the Traditional classroom, the desks all face the front of the room, and the curriculum is delivered primarily through whole group instruction led by qualified teachers.
Gilbert Classical Academy is a high-performing National Blue Ribbon School and Gilbert’s college preparatory school of choice. The Academy ranks third in the state and 10th nationwide, in part because of the school’s 100% participation rate in Advanced Placement coursework and its all-honors level classes. The GPS Performance Academy program (4–8 grades) at Mesquite Elementary School allows students involved in elite athletics or performing arts to experience everything a school has to offer, while still maintaining their training and competitive schedule. Benefits include personalized learning, flexible schedule, opportunities for acceleration, socialization with students, elective offerings, mentor programs, and collaborative project work. The best schools in Gilbert that are rated good and higher by GreatSchools.com include:
- Rated 10/10: Legacy Traditional School (K - 8)
- Rated 10/10: Bridges Elementary School (K - 6)
- Rated 9/10: Greenfield Elementary School (PK - 6)
- Rated 9/10: Cortina Elementary School (PK - 8)
- Rated 9/10: Neely Traditional Academy (PK - 6)
- Rated 9/10: Chandler Traditional Academy-Freedom (PK - 6)
- Rated 9/10: Great Hearts Academies - Archway Arete (K - 5)
- Rated 8/10: Charlotte Patterson Elementary School (PK - 6)
- Rated 8/10: Riggs Elementary School (PK - 6)
- Rated 8/10: Highland Park Elementary School (PK - 6)
Institutions of higher learning serving the community include Chandler-Gilbert Community College (provides two-year degrees and comprehensive certificate programs), East Valley Institute of Technology (EVIT), Park University’s Gilbert Campus Center, the University of Arizona (operates (coding boot camp classes out of Gilbert’s University Building), and Arizona State University's Polytechnic Campus located at Gilbert's eastern border in Tempe.
Gilbert Regional Park
Gilbert is home to six major parks along with an array of specialty parks. The town's newest park is Gilbert Regional Park, featuring 2 lakes, basketball courts, picnic benches, a ramada, BBQ grills, multi-use fields, walking and biking trails, and a children’s playground. Plans for the park include a 7-acre lake, a performance pavilion/amphitheater, a 10-acre event lawn, 6 tennis courts, 16 pickleball courts, 2 basketball courts, 6 sand volleyball courts, and a massive water park with areas for swimming, surfing, kayaking, and paddleboarding. Here are a few other parks in Gilbert that you’ll definitely want to check out:
- Freestone Park - This expansive park features sports facilities, athletic fields, playground, train ride, and picnic area. The park is also home to an amphitheater, as well as a skate park, and the Freestone Recreation Center. The Freestone Skate Park is a free park with more than 22,000 square feet of space to challenge novice and experienced skaters alike. Additionally, Gilbert is home to the Central Trail System with more than 135 miles of marked and unmarked trails for hikers and bikers and areas for birding in Gilbert.
- Cosmo Dog Park - Ranked 4th Best Dog Park in the United States, Cosmo Park is named for Gilbert’s first police dog: Cosmo van Blitsaerd of Holland. The park features a lighted, fenced dog park. Timid dogs are directed to use the northern part of the park. There is a lake where dogs may swim and two dog wash stations
- Water Tower Plaza - Located in Gilbert’s Heritage District, Water Tower Plaza is a common gathering place for community events like the Downtown Concert Series and the Gilbert Art Walk. Below the water tower is a splash pad and outdoor seating.
- Zanjero Park - If you enjoy watching the only owl species that lives underground, check out the burrowing owl habitat and future observatory at Zanjero Park. Zanjero Park is one of our many treasures. It is located on Lindsey Road just south of the Loop 202 Freeway. The 20-acre park offers a 1-mile trail for horseback riding including hitching posts and water troughs. There is also a multi-use trail that links to the San Tan Trail. The best part of all though is the Burrowing Owl habitat along with many other beautiful birds.
Bike Along The Paseo Consolidated Canal
Named a Bicycle Friendly Community, Gilbert is well-known for its Central Trail System, offering 135 miles of enjoyment for outdoor enthusiasts. Along with equestrian tracks, there are more than 54 miles of marked bike trails where you can ride along the canals. The Consolidated Canal Path runs north-south along the entire length of the Consolidated Canal, an 18-mile-long waterway dating back to 1891. The route consists of both a paved path and a gravel-surfaced trail—more popular with horseback riders and joggers—on opposite sides of the canal for all but two short stretches: only a gravel path is available between Warner Road and Lindsay Road in Gilbert and from Riggs Road to Hunt Highway in Chandler.
The gentle-grade path connects Chandler (where it is also known as the Paseo Trail), Gilbert (known here as the Heritage Trail), and Mesa as it winds through neighborhoods, farms, and parks. Waterfowl and fish can be spotted in the canal, and fishing is permitted. One highlight along the route is the Paseo Vista Recreation Area in Chandler, a 64-acre park atop a former landfill that offers a large archery facility, playground, and disc golf. In Gilbert, trail users can pick up the Western Canal Path to head towards Phoenix. From the trail's northern endpoint in Mesa, continue west on the Tempe Canal Path or head north on the Southern Canal Path to enter the Salt River Pima–Maricopa Indian Community. Access Gilbert’s Interactive Bicycle Trail Map
Public pools in Gilbert are open seasonally May-August, and offer families a fun way to beat the heat in the hot summer months:
- Mesquite Aquatic Center
- Greenfield Municipal Pool
- Williams Field Pool
- Perry Pool
- Click here for the Summer Splash Guide.
Kokopelli Golf Course in Gilbert
Gilbert is home to several outstanding golf courses for all skill levels and plenty of tee times to fit your schedule. Golf enthusiasts have their pick among some of the best courses in the Valley:
- Kokopelli Golf Course - The 18-hole Kokopelli Golf Course in Gilbert is a public golf course that opened in 1992. Designed by Phillips Associates, Kokopelli Golf Course measures 6716 yards from the longest tees and has a slope rating of 132 and a 72.2 USGA rating. The course features four sets of tees for different skill levels.
- Trilogy Golf Club at Power Ranch - The 18-hole Trilogy Golf Course opened in 1999. Designed by Dick Bailey, Trilogy Golf Course measures 6932 yards from the longest tees and has a slope rating of 126 and a 71.5 USGA rating. The course features four sets of tees for different skill levels.
- Seville Golf and Country Club - Seville’s picturesque 18-hole course captures the challenge of the game and the beautiful views of Arizona and the San Tan Mountains. The course was designed by Gary Panks, ASGCA, and opened in 2002. The USGA rating is 72.5 with a slope rating of 129.
- Greenfield Lakes Golf Course - The 18-hole Greenfield Lakes Golf Course in Gilbert is a public golf course that opened in 1997. Designed by Ray Pacioni, Greenfield Lakes Golf Course measures 4107 yards from the longest tees and has a slope rating of 91 and a 59 USGA rating.
- Western Skies Golf Club - The 18-hole Western Skies Golf Club is a public golf course that opened in 1992. Designed by Brian Whitcomb, Western Skies Golf Club measures 6744 yards from the longest tees and has a slope rating of 120 and a 70 USGA rating.
- TopGolf - A new kind of golf experience that combines competition with entertainment. Players hit microchipped golf balls at targets on an outfield. Just picture a larger-than-life-sized outdoor dartboard – but for golf. And for a little friendly rivalry, the high-tech balls instantly score each shot’s accuracy and distance. TopGolf offers a best-in-class entertainment facility, complete with dynamic event spaces and a food and drink menu.
Getting Around Gilbert & Beyond
Gilbert provides easy access to the Santan Freeway portion of Loop 202 and a small section of US-60, which skirts the northern boundary of town at the Higley Road interchange. Public transportation is provided by Valley Metro, with daily express and local bus service in the northern, central, and western areas of town. The community is served by two major airports: Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport located in Mesa about 9.5-miles away and Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport located about 18 miles from the center of town.
Awards & Accolades
- #46 Best Place to Live (Money, 2020-21)
- Excellence in Built Environment and Excellence in Foundations of Livability (NRC and ICMA, 2020)
- COVID-19 Response and Overall City Government Experience (Center for Digital Government, 2020)
- #1 Most Prosperous Large City (Economic Innovation Group, 2020)
- #1 City Where Millenials Are Buying Homes (SmartAsset, 2020)
- #2 Best Place to Live in Arizona (HomeSnacks, 2020)
- #3 Best City to Buy an Affordable Family Home (SmartAsset, 2020)
- 4th Best City to Work From Home (WalletHub, 2021)
- 5th Best City for First-Time Home Buyers (WalletHub, 2020)
- 5th Best Place to Buy a House in America (WalletHub, 2020)
- And more
Partner with Cathy Carter, One of The Best Real Estate Agents in Gilbert
Whether you are interested in homes for sale in Gilbert or it's time to list your current property, Cathy Carter provides the kind of knowledge, skills, commitment, and personalized service you need and deserve. Known for her warm and friendly personality, and professionalism, Cathy is able to connect with her clients and uncover the right homes for them.
Cathy would be delighted to assist you with your real estate goals. As your agent, she will protect your best interests, advocate for you, negotiate on your behalf, and skillfully handle the details of the transaction to ensure the best results possible. For more information about real estate in Gilbert, please give Cathy a call today at 480‑459‑8488 or get in touch by email.
RE/MAX Cathy Carter Real Estate & Luxury Homes
ABR, CRS, CDPE
RE/MAX Alliance Group
725 W. Elliot Rd., Suite 111
Gilbert, AZ. 85233
Email or Call: 480‑459‑8488
SEARCH FOR YOUR DREAM HOME TODAY!! CLICK HERE
LEAVE A REPLY ON FACEBOOK
Posted by Cathy Carter on