Explore Condos for Sale Gilbert AZ
If you are currently looking to purchase a condo in the Phoenix East Valley, you'll definitely want to consider condos for sale Gilbert AZ. Located about 25 miles southeast of downtown Phoenix, Gilbert is a vibrant and friendly town with big city appeal. Once known as the "Hay Shipping Capital of the World,” Gilbert has emerged as one of the fastest-growing towns in the country and is currently booming with new development. Residents of Gilbert enjoy over 310 days of warm weather and sunshine per year, a thriving Downtown (Heritage District), exciting culture and recreation offerings, great shopping (SanTan Village - an open-air shopping and lifestyle center) and dining destinations, an excellent school system, plenty of outdoor recreation opportunities, and some of the best golf clubs in the Valley. Gilbert is brimming with amenities while also being close to major employment centers and the many conveniences that East Valley is known for. Because the Gilbert housing market is sizzling hot right now, buyers will want to partner with a qualified agent who can help them find the perfect condo or townhome and secure an offer. Cathy Carter is a top-rated REALTOR® in Gilbert with over 25 years of local experience. With a focus on real estate for condos in Gilbert AZ, Cathy has all the information and resources to help you make the best condo purchase for your lifestyle needs. Get the process started today by contacting Cathy directly at (480) 459-8488 or by email.
On our website, you’ll be able to search the most recent MLS listings for real estate for condos in Gilbert AZ - updated every 5 minutes. View photos of available condo/townhome properties, find detailed real estate information, create a free account, save your search, and receive notifications of new listings that match your specific home criteria delivered directly to your email. Be sure to scroll down below to find out more about condos for sale Gilbert AZ and living in the friendly town of Gilbert.
Explore Condos for Sale Gilbert AZ
For more information about condos for sale Gilbert AZ or to schedule a private tour, please contact Cathy Carter, top REALTOR in Gilbert. With a focus on real estate for condos in Gilbert AZ, Cathy is the first to know when new inventory becomes available - ensuring that her buyers have access to the most valuable properties and securing an offer. In June 2021, home prices in Gilbert were up 34.7% compared to last year, selling for a median price of $505K. On average, homes in Gilbert sell after 17 days on the market compared to 36 days last year. There were 511 homes sold in June this year, down from 591 last year
Cathy would love to meet with you to discuss your specific criteria in a condo or townhome and answer any questions you might have about property details, pricing, financing options, and more. Feel free to call Cathy directly at (480) 459-8488 or get in touch by email.
Why Homebuyers Should Consider Living in Gilbert, AZ
Thriving in business and leisure activities, the town of Gilbert is located in the Phoenix metro area’s Southeast Valley in Maricopa County, AZ. As the 5th largest municipality in Arizona, Gilbert is home to approximately 263,461 people (as of 2020). Gilbert is a youthful and vibrant community. The median age of its residents is 33.9 years, with 67.6 percent of the population under the age of 45. The median household income in Gilbert is $98,963, and 44% of its residents hold a Bachelor's Degree or higher. The town's access to an educated workforce, a pipeline of emerging technologies from statewide universities, ease of market access, and an unbeatable quality of life attract major companies to the area. Top employers in Gilbert include GoDaddy.com, B H Drywall, Banner Health, Isagenix International, Northrop Grumman, Silent-Aire, Morgan Stanely, Merrill Lynch, Deloitte, Walmart, and other great companies.
Specialists in accounting, financial analysis, law, design, marketing, insurance, architecture, engineering, venture capital, investment banking, real estate, and data centers, among others, will find a growing client base in Gilbert and its surrounding communities. These firms will be able to service clients globally with access to a workforce of 1 million individuals, and 67 percent of the area’s advanced business specialists, within a 30-minute commute. Gilbert’s enterprise-friendly environment has underwritten success for businesses ranging from small home-based operations to mid-sized and large companies. In addition, Gilbert’s proximity to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport and Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport, as well as easy freeway access, provides convenience in regional and international travel.
Gilbert's Heritage District
The Heritage District is the historic and cultural downtown center for Gilbert, offers an eclectic retail experience, exciting nightlife venues, and a diverse mix of over 30 restaurants and eateries - earning the distinction as one of the top foodie neighborhoods in metro Phoenix and a unique culinary destination. The district features the Hale Centre Theatre with Broadway shows and active weekend markets, including the popular Gilbert Farmers Market. You’ll find a family-friendly environment, vibrant nightlife venues, and a plethora of pet-friendly restaurant options with patio space. Gilbert’s 135-mile trail system connects the Heritage District to parks and attractions throughout town.
Heritage District Restaurants & Eateries
- Sotol Modern Cocktail Kitchen
- The Porch
- Da Bayou Creole Kitchen
- Kaleidoscope Juice
- Sal’s Gilbert Pizza
- Lo-Lo’s Chicken & Waffles
- Barrio Queen
- Farmhouse Restaurant
- Joe’s Real BBQ
- Joyride Taco House
- Liberty Market
- Dierks Bentley’s Whiskey Row
- Sushi Brokers
- O.H.S.O. Brewery + Distillery
- Petersen’s Ice Cream & Cafe
- Bergies Coffee Roast House
- Clever Koi
- SoCal Fish Taco Company
- Snooze A.M. Eatery
- Pomo Pizzeria Napoletana
- Postino East
- Romeo’s Euro Café
- Hundred North Bar & Kitchen
- Copper 48
- Oregano’s Pizza Bistro
- Culinary Dropout
Heritage District Shopping, Art & Culture
For those who like to shop until they drop, the Heritage District offers an eclectic retail experience with specialty stores from furniture, locally crafted art, antiques, seasonal gifts, and one-of-a-kind, chic boutiques. You can even get a tattoo and purchase retro candy while you are at it. When it comes to art and culture, Downtown Gilbert is home to an established theater, historical museum, and gallery. Not to mention muraled brick walls, glowing benches, a solo gopher, waterways art, and a color-changing water tower. Located right in the middle of Downtown Gilbert is the 365-seat Hale Centre Theatre, one of five theaters in the West founded in 1947 by aspiring actors Ruth and Nathan Hale. Hale Center features a year-round season of family-friendly entertainment.
Heritage District Events
Gilbert Farmers Markert
Downtown Gilbert’s event calendar is always full. At weekend markets, you can buy locally-grown produce from Arizona farmers and support the talents of painters, photographers, and jewelry makers. Or, listen to local bands perform on the Water Tower Plaza on a Thursday night. You can also celebrate Gilbert’s agricultural roots at the annual Gilbert Days parade or run alongside it as you finish a 10K. Gilbert’s Downtown Concert Series provides fun for all ages - held March through May and again in October and November each year. Live music performances are held at the outdoor WaterTower Plaza in the heart of the Heritage District. Bring your own picnic basket or eat at one of the many nearby restaurants then enjoy local bands performing a variety of music genres. In the Fall is the Gilbert Off The Street Art and Music Festival in Downtown Gilbert. Enjoy live bands on two different stages during a weekend filled with street performers, chalk artist demonstrations, craft vendors, food trucks, and more.
Heritage District Nightlife
If you are looking for nightlife, Downtown Gilbert doesn't disappoint. Dierks Bentley’s Whiskey Row (voted “Best Country Bar” 5 years in a row by Best of Our Valley) is an indoor/outdoor restaurant with a huge central bar where you can grab a burger and have a craft beer while rocking out to country music (DJ nightly with live bands every Saturday). Locally owned Cuisine & Wine Bistro offers live performances along with a French-inspired seasonal menu and an impressive selection of boutique wines and craft beer. You can enjoy pop, jazz, and more every Friday and Saturday night at the Bistro. JC’s Steakhouse provides live classic rock and a little country on Friday and Saturday nights. If you’re interested in being in an atmosphere of like-minded beer lovers, then visit The Brass Tap, an upscale design with a relaxed neighborhood bar feel. O.H.S.O. Brewery is perfect for sports lovers and a great place to enjoy a late-night meal and a drink from their great selection. At O.H.S.O., you’re sure to be able to relax while cheering on your favorite team with your friends.
Shopping & Dining in Gilbert
Gilbert is home to several great shopping destinations. SanTan Village is an outdoor lifestyle center featuring major retailers like Best Buy, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Dillard’s, and Macy’s along with specialty stores like Apple, Barnes & Noble, Charming Charlies, Coach, Sephora, and more. Nearby Chandler is home to Chandler Fashion Center, a premier regional mall anchored by Dillard's and Macy's, and premium retailers such as Michael Kors, Apple, Coach, H & M, Banana Republic, and more. You're sure to find something special from its shops - more than 185 of them. Indoor and outdoor shopping includes the Village, an outdoor entertainment pavilion with restaurants, a 20-screen movie theater, and an outdoor lawn-event space.
Known for its restaurant scene, Gilbert has consistently been named among the best “foodie” towns in the Phoenix area. From fast-food joints to fine dining establishments, popular restaurants and eateries in Gilbert include American Way Market, The Keg Steakhouse + Bar, High Tide Seafood Bar & Grill, Postino's's Wine Cafe, Joe's Real BBQ, Brio Tuscan Grille, Arizona Wilderness Brewing Co., Joyride Taco House, Sal's Gilbert Pizza, Barrio Queen, The Farmhouse Restaurant, Nicantoni’s Pizza, Nico Heirloom Kitchen, Zinburger, and Romeo's Euro Cafe, just to name a few.
Gilbert Schools & Education
Most of Gilbert is served by the highly-rated Gilbert Unified School District #41 (GUSD), also known as Gilbert Public Schools (GPS). A smaller portion of Gilbert is served by the nationally recognized Higley Unified School District and Chandler Unified School District (CUSD), named Arizona A+ Schools of Excellence. As of 2020, thirteen GPS schools have earned the "A+ School of Excellence™ Award" from the Arizona Educational Foundation. A district of choice, GPS serves over 35,000 students at 40 schools across Gilbert, Chandler, and Mesa. Gilbert Public Schools has twenty-six elementary schools (Pre K-6); six middle schools (7-8), five high schools (9-12), two academies, one global academy, and one alternative education. Each of the 40 schools in Gilbert Public Schools delivers academic excellence through a comprehensive well-rounded curriculum that includes technology, art, music, leadership, physical education, and a wide range of athletics and extracurricular programs.
The district offers open enrollment opportunities for students who wish to attend a school within the Gilbert Public School District even if they don't live within that school's boundaries. School Choice Arizona provides alternatives to parents who don't choose to send their children to the local public schools to which they are assigned. Public school choice options include open enrollment policies, magnet schools, and charter schools. The school district also offers Traditional Programs for K-6 (classrooms and curriculum) at Neely Traditional Academy, Spectrum Elementary, and Canyon Rim Elementary. In the Traditional classroom, the desks all face the front of the room, and the curriculum is delivered primarily through whole group instruction led by qualified teachers.
Gilbert Classical Academy is a high-performing National Blue Ribbon School and Gilbert’s college preparatory school of choice. The Academy ranks third in the state and 10th nationwide, in part because of the school’s 100% participation rate in Advanced Placement coursework and its all-honors level classes. The GPS Performance Academy program (4–8 grades) at Mesquite Elementary School allows students involved in elite athletics or performing arts to experience everything a school has to offer, while still maintaining their training and competitive schedule. Benefits include personalized learning, flexible schedule, opportunities for acceleration, socialization with students, elective offerings, mentor programs, and collaborative project work. The best schools in Gilbert that are rated good and higher by GreatSchools.com include:
- Rated 10/10: Legacy Traditional School (K - 8)
- Rated 10/10: Bridges Elementary School (K - 6)
- Rated 9/10: Greenfield Elementary School (PK - 6)
- Rated 9/10: Cortina Elementary School (PK - 8)
- Rated 9/10: Neely Traditional Academy (PK - 6)
- Rated 9/10: Chandler Traditional Academy-Freedom (PK - 6)
- Rated 9/10: Great Hearts Academies - Archway Arete (K - 5)
- Rated 8/10: Charlotte Patterson Elementary School (PK - 6)
- Rated 8/10: Riggs Elementary School (PK - 6)
- Rated 8/10: Highland Park Elementary School (PK - 6)
Institutions of higher learning serving the community include Chandler-Gilbert Community College (provides two-year degrees and comprehensive certificate programs), East Valley Institute of Technology (EVIT), Park University’s Gilbert Campus Center, the University of Arizona (operates (coding boot camp classes out of Gilbert’s University Building), and Arizona State University's Polytechnic Campus located at Gilbert's eastern border in Tempe.
Gilbert Outdoor Recreation
Gilbert is home to six major parks along with an array of specialty parks. For additional park information, visit the Gilbert Parks and Recreation Park Facilities Page. Gilbert's newest park is Discovery Park, which features 2 lakes, basketball courts, picnic benches, a ramada, BBQ grills, multi-use fields, walking and biking trails, and a children’s playground. Plans for the park include a 7-acre lake, a performance pavilion/amphitheater, a 10-acre event lawn, 6 tennis courts, 16 pickleball courts, 2 basketball courts, 6 sand volleyball courts, and a massive water park with areas for swimming, surfing, kayaking, and paddleboarding. A few parks in Gilbert that you’ll definitely want to check out:
- Freestone Park - This expansive park features sports facilities, athletic fields, playground, train ride, and picnic area. The park is also home to an amphitheater, as well as a skate park, and the Freestone Recreation Center. The Freestone Skate Park is a free park with more than 22,000 square feet of space to challenge novice and experienced skaters alike. Additionally, Gilbert is home to the Central Trail System with more than 135 miles of marked and unmarked trails for hikers and bikers and areas for birding in Gilbert.
- Cosmo Dog Park - Ranked 4th Best Dog Park in the United States, Cosmo Park is named for Gilbert’s first police dog: Cosmo van Blitsaerd of Holland. The park features a lighted, fenced dog park. Timid dogs are directed to use the northern part of the park. There is a lake where dogs may swim and two dog wash stations
- Water Tower Plaza - Located in Gilbert’s Heritage District, Water Tower Plaza is a common gathering place for community events like the Downtown Concert Series and the Gilbert Art Walk. Below the water tower is a splash pad and outdoor seating.
- Zanjero Park - If you enjoy watching the only owl species that lives underground, check out the burrowing owl habitat and future observatory at Zanjero Park. Zanjero Park is one of our many treasures. It is located on Lindsey Road just south of the Loop 202 Freeway. The 20-acre park offers a 1-mile trail for horseback riding including hitching posts and water troughs. There is also a multi-use trail that links to the San Tan Trail. The best part of all though is the Burrowing Owl habitat along with many other beautiful birds.
Named a Bicycle Friendly Community, Gilbert is well-known for its Central Trail System, offering 135 miles of enjoyment for outdoor enthusiasts. Along with equestrian tracks, there are more than 54 miles of marked bike trails where you can ride along the canals. Three trail systems run north-south: Heritage Trail, Santan Vista Trail, and Marathon Trail, with one that runs east-west: Western Powerline Trail. They connect to most of Gilbert’s parks and parallel the Valley’s canal system maintained by the Salt River Project. The trail experience is enhanced by pocket parks that offer shade, drinking fountains, ramadas, and other recreational features. Access Gilbert’s Interactive Bicycle Trail Map
Public pools in Gilbert are open seasonally May-August, and offer families a fun way to beat the heat in the hot summer months:
- Mesquite Aquatic Center
- Greenfield Municipal Pool
- Williams Field Pool
- Perry Pool
- Click here for the Summer Splash Guide.
Gilbert Golf Courses
Kokopelli Golf Course in Gilbert
Gilbert is home to several outstanding golf courses for all skill levels and plenty of tee times to fit your schedule. Golf enthusiasts have their pick among some of the best courses in the Valley:
- Kokopelli Golf Course - The 18-hole Kokopelli Golf Course in Gilbert is a public golf course that opened in 1992. Designed by Phillips Associates, Kokopelli Golf Course measures 6716 yards from the longest tees and has a slope rating of 132 and a 72.2 USGA rating. The course features four sets of tees for different skill levels.
- Trilogy Golf Club at Power Ranch - The 18-hole Trilogy Golf Course opened in 1999. Designed by Dick Bailey, Trilogy Golf Course measures 6932 yards from the longest tees and has a slope rating of 126 and a 71.5 USGA rating. The course features four sets of tees for different skill levels.
- Seville Golf and Country Club - Seville’s picturesque 18-hole course captures the challenge of the game and the beautiful views of Arizona and the San Tan Mountains. The course was designed by Gary Panks, ASGCA, and opened in 2002. The USGA rating is 72.5 with a slope rating of 129.
- Greenfield Lakes Golf Course - The 18-hole Greenfield Lakes Golf Course in Gilbert is a public golf course that opened in 1997. Designed by Ray Pacioni, Greenfield Lakes Golf Course measures 4107 yards from the longest tees and has a slope rating of 91 and a 59 USGA rating.
- Western Skies Golf Club - The 18-hole Western Skies Golf Club is a public golf course that opened in 1992. Designed by Brian Whitcomb, Western Skies Golf Club measures 6744 yards from the longest tees and has a slope rating of 120 and a 70 USGA rating.
- TopGolf - A new kind of golf experience that combines competition with entertainment. Players hit microchipped golf balls at targets on an outfield. Just picture a larger-than-life-sized outdoor dartboard – but for golf. And for a little friendly rivalry, the high-tech balls instantly score each shot’s accuracy and distance. TopGolf offers a best-in-class entertainment facility, complete with dynamic event spaces and a food and drink menu.
Getting Around Gilbert & Beyond
Gilbert provides easy access to the Santan Freeway portion of Loop 202 and a small section of US-60, which skirts the northern boundary of town at the Higley Road interchange. Public transportation is provided by Valley Metro, with daily express and local bus service in the northern, central, and western areas of town. The community is served by two major airports: Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport located in Mesa about 9.5-miles away and Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport located about 18 miles from the center of town.
Awards & Accolades
- #46 Best Place to Live (Money, 2020-21)
- Excellence in Built Environment and Excellence in Foundations of Livability (NRC and ICMA, 2020)
- COVID-19 Response and Overall City Government Experience (Center for Digital Government, 2020)
- #1 Most Prosperous Large City (Economic Innovation Group, 2020)
- #1 City Where Millenials Are Buying Homes (SmartAsset, 2020)
- #2 Best Place to Live in Arizona (HomeSnacks, 2020)
- #3 Best City to Buy an Affordable Family Home (SmartAsset, 2020)
- 4th Best City to Work From Home (WalletHub, 2021)
- 5th Best City for First-Time Home Buyers (WalletHub, 2020)
- 5th Best Place to Buy a House in America (WalletHub, 2020)
- And more
Partner with The Best Real Estate Agent in Gilbert AZ - Cathy Carter
Cathy has been serving home buyers and sellers in Gilbert and the surrounding area since 1994. Whether you are interested in condos for sale Gilbert AZ or it's time to list your current property, Cathy is able to provide the kind of knowledge, skills, dedication, and personalized service you need. Her clients appreciate her honesty and transparency and feel it helps them as they make important real estate decisions. Cathy understands how important communication is during a real estate transaction and makes herself available to her clients whenever they have questions or concerns - promptly returning all phone calls, texts, and emails.
Read what her clients have to say:
"Cathy was a terrific agent from beginning to end. Her comps were accurate and helpful at the outset. Her marketing was the best we have seen in our experience and we have sold 7 previous homes. She handled all the selling and closing negotiations very well and helped us navigate several anxious turns in the process. Cathy is calm, judicious, and responsive and we found her opinions and ideas valuable. We would use her to sell or buy a house again without hesitation. Great to work with and got great results."
"Cathy Carter is a highly respected, seasoned real estate professional who is very responsive, knowledgeable, and open-minded. She kept my deal together by going beyond the call of duty to do some of the work of a novice agent (representing the buyer) on the sale of my house. Plus, she really went to bat for me on the purchase of my new home, getting upgrades, and closing in 3-weeks. I highly recommend Cathy to represent you in selling and purchasing your next home or investment."
“I have dealt with many real estate agents and I would have to say Cathy Carter was a pleasure to deal with. We flew in from New York to see the area and Cathy gave us as much time as we needed. She showed us around and made us feel comfortable and welcome. As of today we are currently in contract for the sale of our home and are actively looking at homes in the Gilbert and Chandler areas. Cathy emails homes for us to look at on a regular basis and we would not use anyone else.”
“My husband and I worked with Cathy to find our home in the East Valley suburbs of Phoenix AZ. We were transferred to Phoenix from the east coast and Cathy did a wonderful job of orienting us to the area and helping us gain perspective into the different homes and neighborhoods in the East Valley. While working with Cathy, she was always very attentive and efficient. Cathy is extremely knowledgeable. She listened to our ideas about the ideal home, offered suggestions, and took us to see properties that were in line with our expectations. Cathy is extremely responsive and has even reached out to check on us after we moved into our hew home. I would highly recommend Cathy to anyone who is interested in selling their home or purchasing a new home.”
More client reviews
Having a trusted professional like Cathy by your side means there's one less thing to worry about. She will protect your best interests, advocate for you, negotiate on your behalf, and ensure the best results possible. Allow Cathy to help you with your real estate goals!
RE/MAX Cathy Carter Real Estate & Luxury Homes
ABR, CRS, CDPE
RE/MAX Alliance Group
725 W. Elliot Rd., Suite 111
Gilbert, AZ. 85233
Email or Call: 480‑459‑8488
SEARCH FOR YOUR DREAM HOME TODAY!! CLICK HERE
LEAVE A REPLY ON FACEBOOK
Posted by Cathy Carter on