Ways To Beat The Heat In Chandler
It’s hot! Daytime temperatures in Chandler and the surrounding Valley are often above 100 degrees for most of the summer season. However, there are plenty of great ways to stay cool during even the hottest days of summer. For starters, be sure to drink lots of water, wear light, loose clothing, stay indoors in air-conditioned places (especially seniors, children, and those with health issues), and limit outdoor activity for the mornings and evenings. Typically, places in Chandler that offer outdoor summertime activities will provide shade or another respite from the sun. To prepare for your day in the sun, first ask yourself if you think the heat might get to you, and be sure to bring plenty of water, sunscreen, and a hat.
Kids can beat the heat and summer boredom at a variety of places in Chandler where they can expend some energy and have a great time indoors. From Extreme Wall climbing to making a splash at one of Chandler’s aquatic centers, summer fun is easy to find.
Here are some of the ways to beat the heat In Chandler, stay cool, and enjoy the hottest days of summer:
Chandler Aquatic Centers, Water Parks & Splash Pads
Families can stay cool at one of Chandler’s six aquatic centers and pools for free. Chandler Aquatics provides many opportunities to enjoy the water throughout the city. With a mix of state-of-the-art deep and shallow-water pools, and spray and splash pads, Chandler Aquatics offers programs for the entire family. Many of the city’s larger aquatic centers are more like mini-water parks with features that include water slides, diving boards, zero-depth play pools, interactive water play feature, the water vortex, and "current rivers" that mimic nature's waterways. These aquatic facilities also include ramadas and family dressing rooms, perfect for family outings.
Aquatics centers in Chandler include:
- Arrowhead Pool
- Desert Oasis Aquatic Center
- Folley Pool
- Hamilton Aquatic Center
- Mesquite Groves Aquatic Center
- Nozomi Aquatic Center
In addition to providing the community with a safe place to beat the heat, Chandler Aquatics offers extensive programs including swim teams, year-round swim lessons, adult group practice, lap swim, and aquafit classes. Chandler Aquatics is also home to robust American Red Cross lifeguard training courses and water rescue training. If you have younger ones who prefer a splash pad to cool down, Chandler splash pads are also refreshing fun. From the flower-shaped sprays of Desert Breeze Park to the candy cane-shaped showers, ground sprays, and spray rings at Chuparosa splash and Espee Park in chandler, your kids will enjoy an afternoon cool-down. The Valley is also home to several big waterparks including Mesa Golfland SunSplash, Big Surf Waterpark Tempe, and Hurricane Harbor Phoenix.
Indoor Family Fun Centers
In addition to world-class parks and aquatic centers, Chandler provides great indoor activities where kids can stay cool all summer long and burn off some of that extra energy. Chandler’s family fun centers include trampoline parks with wall-to-wall trampolines, huge climbing walls, parkour for the whole family, and even the largest indoor adventure ropes course in America (Gravity Extreme Zone)
- Gravity Extreme Zone is an indoor adventure park that offers extreme entertainment for the entire family. The indoor park features 12,000 sq. feet of trampolines for freestyle open jump, a dedicated kids trampoline, Extreme Basketball trampolines, and Extreme Dodgeball courts for kids and adults. Other attractions include Bungees, Skywalk (the largest indoor adventure rope course in the country), and Extreme Wall, a 30' indoor climbing wall that can support 12 climbers at a time.
- Kids That Rip Family Action Sports Center, also known as KTR is a 60,000 square foot indoor action playground facility that is perfect for active kids and families. The facility features dedicated areas to train on parkour, ninja warrior, trampolines for jumping, an obstacle course, a large park area for skateboarding, scooters, and BMX, and more. KTR also features a cafe with family-friendly offerings and quick and easy snacks to keep you going.
- Extra Innings Chandler - is a state-of-the-art indoor baseball and softball training facility with 30-foot high ceilings and more than 13,000 square feet which includes nine indoor batting tunnels and a fully stocked pro shop.
- Ice Den Chandler is a state-of-the-art ice-skating facility with two regulation-sized ice surfaces, available for public skating, hockey, and skating lessons. The 80,000-square-foot facility also houses a pro shop, video game arcade, eatery, and party rooms.
- USA Skateland - is a skating facility in Chandler equipped with solid wood skate floors, modern lighting and sound systems, concession and birthday areas, rental skates and roller blades, and large game rooms.
- Swingin’ Safari Mini Golf, LLC is a single indoor 18-hole glow-in-the-dark mini-golf course offering fun for the whole family. You will go on a safari adventure and travel deep into the jungle on your journey to catch poachers. You will encounter life-sized animal props and colorful sets that appear to glow under the black-lighting.
- Harkins Summer Movie Program for Kids - Every summer for 43 years, Harkins Theatres has sponsored a summer movie program for kids. For less than $1 per ticket, children can enjoy a movie each week for ten weeks. All movies begin at 9:45 a.m. and tickets are issued on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets are the same price for adults and children, and children of any age are admitted with an adult accompaniment.
- Hornacek’s Golf is an Indoor golf practice or play facility in Chandler. Beat the heat and play all 18 holes of your favorite golf course indoors. The 4 hitting bays, outfitted with top-of-the-line golf simulators and comfy lounge areas, offer the best way to play, practice, and learn the great game of golf. Day or night, Hornacek’s Golf is the place to be for any golf lover looking to improve their game or just to have some fun.
- TopGolf (in nearby Gilbert) - is a place where professionals and beginners alike come together for a little recreation and a lot of fun. This state-of-the-art facility is the perfect place to hang out, swing a few clubs, and enjoy a little friendly competition. Visitors rent their own bay by the hour and challenge friends to point-scoring games suited for all skill levels. Topgolf also offers a menu of snacks, bites, and beer.
Shopping at Chandler Fashion Center Mall
Spend the day shopping at Chandler Fashion Center, a premier indoor mall anchored by Dillard's and Macy's and featuring premium retailers such as Michael Kors, Apple, Coach, H & M, Banana Republic, and more. You're sure to find something special from one of the mall’s 185 stores. The Village is an outdoor entertainment pavilion with a number of restaurants, a 20-screen movie theater, and an outdoor lawn and event space. The outdoor lawn features a fun splash pad for cooling off on those hot summer days and a dazzling light display in the evenings!
Arts & Museums
Chandler is a hub for arts and culture activities offering a diverse array of indoor activities. The Chandler Center for the Arts plays host to a variety of performing arts, music performances in addition to museums, gallery exhibitions, public art, festivals, and more - for learning about the local arts and culture scene.
- The Chandler Museum, located across from Chandler Fashion Center mall, features rotating national and regional exhibits and serves as an archive center for Chandler's history and cultural heritage. On Saturdays, the museum offers free family programming with hands-on activities for children.
- The Chandler Center for the Arts offers superb acoustics for viewing a variety of live performances within walking distance to Downtown Chandler's unique restaurants and nightlife. With three dynamic performance spaces - the 1500-seat Main Stage, the 350-seat Hal Bogle Theatre, and the 250-seat Recital Hall, as well as two extensive art galleries - Gallery at CCA and Vision Gallery. Chandler Center for the Arts presents the work of today’s most engaging, enlightening, and relevant artists.
- The Eddie Basha Collection, housed in the Zelma Basha Salmeri Gallery in Chandler is one of the largest private collections of contemporary Western American and American Indian art in the world. The free corporate gallery features more than 3,000 pieces of art in a wide array of mediums including Apache and Pima basketry, Navajo and Zuni jewelry, bronze, wood, and natural stone sculptures, Hopi kachinas, acrylics, oil paintings, watercolors, charcoal drawings, and more.
- Located near Chandler, the Huhugam Heritage Center and situated on the Gila River Museum is a tribal facility for the preservation and display of important cultural artifacts and art. The Huhugam Heritage Center is a climate-controlled repository for prehistoric and historic artifacts, cultural materials, and vital records. The museum displays these materials to the public, and periodic traveling art and history shows.
- Free Summer Concert Series - Chandler Center for the Arts - will open its doors for the 24th Annual Free Summer Concert Series, sponsored by Intel. The five-performance in-person series will start on Friday, July 23 at 7:30 p.m., with Notes from Neptune, and will include concerts throughout the month of August from Kim Weston Jazz Quartet, Sandra Bassett Motown Revue, Marmalade Skies, and legendary local Blues artist Big Pete Pearson. All in-person seats are free of charge with general seating on a first-come, first-served basis. Doors open one hour prior to showtime. While enjoying the Friday evening concerts, attendees can cool off with a soda, wine, beer, or the evening’s drink special. Each summer concert will feature exclusive flash ticket sales for upcoming performances and attendees can explore The Gallery at CCA to view Take a Hike, an exhibition inspired by Arizona’s incredible parks, trails, and public lands.
Enjoy a Summer Spectator Sport
Phoenix has professional and college sporting events all year long, but summer is the season of baseball, basketball, and soccer—as well as football training camps. Many tickets are reasonably priced, and some are even free. For baseball, watch Arizona Diamondbacks Major League Baseball games throughout the summer; alternatively, catch a game of Arizona Rookie League baseball for a cheaper price. For basketball, you'll want to grab your seats for a Phoenix Mercury game, and for soccer, be sure to check the schedule for when the Phoenix Rising will be playing at their sports complex between Tempe and Scottsdale.
Partner with The Best REALTOR® in Chandler - Cathy Carter
With a passion for real estate, Cathy has been serving home buyers and sellers in Chandler and the East Valley for over two decades. Cathy's personal approach to the real estate process allows her to connect with her clients and uncover the right homes for them. She is a very good listener and will quickly ascertain your needs and goals and implement a plan of action based on your specific criteria. Cathy understands that good communication is critical during the home buying and selling process and makes herself available to her clients whenever they have any questions or concerns - promptly returning all calls, texts, and emails. Her clients appreciate her honesty and transparency and feel it helps them as they make important real estate decisions.
Browse Chandler Real Estate by Price
View Homes for sale in Chandler
Chandler Homes For Sale
Having a trusted professional like Cathy by your side means there is one less thing to worry about. She will be there to protect your best interests, advocate for you, negotiate on your behalf, and do whatever is necessary to ensure the best results possible. To find out more about buying or selling Chandler real estate, please give the best Chandler REALTOR® - Cathy Carter a call today at (480) 459-8488 or get in touch by email.
With www.realestatechandler.com you'll be able to find your dream home in no time. If you have any inquiries about homes for sale, connect with Cathy Carter!
-Work With Cathy Carter For Unmatched Expertise On Chandler Area Buying & Selling!
Read what Cathy's valued clients have to say:
"Cathy was a terrific agent from beginning to end. Her comps were accurate and helpful at the outset. Her marketing was the best we have seen in our experience and we have sold 7 previous homes. She handled all the selling and closing negotiations very well and helped us navigate several anxious turns in the process. Cathy is calm, judicious, and responsive and we found her opinions and ideas valuable. We would use her to sell or buy a house again without hesitation. Great to work with and got great results."
"Cathy Carter is a highly respected, seasoned real estate professional who is very responsive, knowledgable, and open-minded. She kept my deal together by going beyond the call of duty to do some of the work of a novice agent (representing the buyer) on the sale of my house. Plus, she really went to bat for me on the purchase of my new home, getting upgrades and closing in 3-weeks. I highly recommend Cathy to represent you in selling and purchasing your next home or investment."
“I have dealt with many real estate agents and I would have to say Cathy Carter was a pleasure to deal with. We flew in from New York to see the area and Cathy gave us as much time as we needed. She showed us around and made us feel comfortable and welcome. As of today we are currently in contract for the sale of our home and are actively looking at homes in the Gilbert and Chandler areas. Cathy emails homes for us to look at on a regular basis and we would not use anyone else.”
“My husband and I worked with Cathy to find our home in the East Valley suburbs of Phoenix AZ. We were transferred to Phoenix from the east coast and Cathy did a wonderful job of orienting us to the area and helping us gain perspective into the different homes and neighborhoods in the East Valley. While working with Cathy, she was always very attentive and efficient. Cathy is extremely knowledgeable. She listened to our ideas about the ideal home, offered suggestions, and took us to see properties that were in line with our expectations. Cathy is extremely responsive and has even reached out to check on us after we moved into our hew home. I would highly recommend Cathy to anyone who is interested in selling their home or purchasing a new home.”
More client reviews
SEARCH FOR YOUR DREAM HOME TODAY!! CLICK HERE
Posted by Cathy Carter on